SPC MANAGER, FIBER
GreenBlue is an environmental nonprofit dedicated to the sustainable use of materials in society. We’re a reliable, trusted source of information, bringing together a diversity of stakeholders to encourage innovation and best practices to promote the creation of a more sustainable economy.
GreenBlue is looking for someone with a positive attitude who thrives working with others on mission-based solutions. The SPC Manager, Fiber will be responsible for resources, initiatives, deliverables, and working group member engagement in the area of circularity for fiber packaging. The role will form the strategy and work products for working groups related to paper packaging and function as the strategic responsibility for the thought leadership, deliverables, and positions that SPC draws from them.
- Care deeply about the environment and are eager to make packaging and supply chains more sustainable.
- Are highly comfortable engaging with others
- Are value-driven, creative, and bold
- Are a fast learner with a desire to continuously expand your knowledge base
- Are organized and self-motivated
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Are both self-reliant and collaborative with others
- Enjoy both strategy and implementation
- Exhibit excellent research and analytical skills
- Are able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Are flexible and adaptive
- Serving as SPC and GreenBlue’s subject matter expert in circular sourcing issues for paper-based packaging, including issues related to recycled content, chain of custody, and recyclability testing of paper packaging formats
- Thought leadership on the above topics that results in resources for SPC Members
- Management and strategy development for SPC Collaboratives that focus on building a circular economy for paper packaging through the use of recycled content, chain of custody, etc.
- Publicly represent SPC at in-person events.
- Engaging, communicating, and building relationships with members, especially on topics related to subject matter expertise
- Support SPC events through session management, member engagement, and active participation in speaking, panel moderation, and tour leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5-10 years of working experience with a focus on the circular economy for packaging, supply chain issues, and sustainable practices.
- Expertise in recycled content, paper packaging, and the circular economy.
- Excellent presentation skills in all mediums, including as a speaker, panel moderator, webinar host, etc.
- Clear and concise communicator
- Detail-oriented and self-managing on projects
- Ability to have independent thought and think strategically
- Time-management skills to balance priorities
In addition to working with an amazing group of people, you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Competitive PTO
- Paid holidays
GreenBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We strongly encourage all qualified persons to apply for this position. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and the organization’s needs. A 100% match is not required. We encourage applicants who have a diverse level and range of relevant skills and experiences to apply.