GreenBlue is an environmental nonprofit dedicated to the sustainable use of materials in society. We’re a reliable, trusted source of information, bringing together a diversity of stakeholders to encourage innovation and best practices to promote the creation of a more sustainable economy.
How2Recycle, a project of GreenBlue, is the leading on-package recycling labeling system in the US and Canada that empowers consumers to recycle more and recycle better. We also provide design guidance to brands, retailers, and other industry players to responsibly design their packaging with end-of-life in mind.
How2Recycle is looking for someone who will provide excellent support for this fast-growing program. The ideal candidate will serve a mission-critical role by providing recyclability assessments and design feedback to our industry members through our online Platform, assisting in providing exceptional membership experience, and ultimately contributing to the continued success and impact of the How2Recycle program. This remote position is suited for an individual interested in actively moving the needle in sustainable packaging.
- Care deeply about the environment and are eager to make supply chains more sustainable
- Are value-driven, creative, and bold
- Are a unified team player who celebrates uniqueness and everyone’s ability to meaningfully contribute
- Act with integrity and are committed to using good and fair judgment in all work situations
- Are a fast, thoughtful learner with a desire to continuously expand your knowledge base
- Organize and motivate yourself to work hard and meet your goals
- Possess exceptional attention to detail
- Are both self-reliant and collaborative with others
- Are flexible and adaptive
- Enjoy both strategy and implementation
- Are comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- Thrive when learning about a wide array of topics and also going deep into a single topic
- Possess a demonstrated passion or commitment to sustainability or related environmental issues
- Possess excellent research and analysis skills
- Possess excellent objective and persuasive writing skills
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to clarify, synthesize, and simplify complex ideas
- Maintain an open line of communication with our members via multiple channels
- Conduct packaging recyclability assessments
- Process How2Recycle label requests and create custom labels as needed
- Spot packaging design opportunity areas for recyclability improvement, and work towards maintaining consistency with teammates
- Collaborate on internal programmatic and strategy documents
- Build relationships with and gather insights from How2Recycle member companies
- Collect, curate, and refine information to share with How2Recycle team or members
- Generate and edit content for public-facing materials such as blog posts and social media
- Travel to 2-5 conferences or industry events each year for public speaking and network building, as they resume post-covid.
- Schedule, prepare, and conduct presentations for current and prospective How2Recycle members or other stakeholders
- Cross-functional partnership with the Member Services and R&D teams
- Aggregate and share stakeholder feedback to project and operations teams
- Investigate packaging sustainability challenges & opportunities
- Develop recommendations for potential project and process improvement
- Execute and implement new projects and processes within the How2Recycle program
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- Degree in packaging, material science, sustainability (or related field), or 5 years of comparable experience
- Fundamental understanding of the recycling system, packaging supply chain, or material science
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Google Workspace, and project management tools (i.e. Trello)
- Background in packaging, UX/UI, project management, communication (or a combination)
- Experience communicating complex or technical topics to varied audiences
In addition to working with an amazing group of people, you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Competitive PTO
- Paid holidays
GreenBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We strongly encourage all qualified persons to apply for this position. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and the organization’s need. A 100% match is not required. We encourage applicants who have a diverse level and range of relevant skills and experiences to apply.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com and include How2Recycle – Platform in the subject line.