GreenBlue is an environmental nonprofit dedicated to the sustainable use of materials in society. We’re a reliable, trusted source of information, bringing together a diversity of stakeholders to encourage innovation and best practices to promote the creation of a more sustainable economy.
How2Recycle, a project of GreenBlue, is the leading on-package recycling labeling system in the US and Canada that empowers consumers to recycle more and recycle better. We also provide design guidance to brands, retailers, and other industry players to responsibly design their packaging with end-of-life in mind.
How2Recycle is looking for someone who will support in providing relationship management and technical guidance for this fast-growing program. The Project Associate will be responsible for assisting in providing exceptional membership experience, utilizing their in-depth knowledge of packaging structures and the supply chain, and ultimately contributing to the continued success and impact of the How2Recycle program. This remote position is suited for an individual interested in actively moving the needle in sustainable packaging.
- Care deeply about the environment and are eager to make supply chains more sustainable
- Are value-driven, creative, and bold
- Possess the ability to clarify, synthesize, and simplify complex ideas
- Are a fast and thoughtful learner with a desire to continuously expand your knowledge base, whether a wide array of topics and also going deep into a single topic
- Organize and motivate yourself to work hard and meet your goals
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail
- Are both self-reliant and collaborative with others
- Enjoy both strategy and implementation
- Are comfortable with complexity and ambiguity
- Exhibit excellent research and analysis skills
- Possess excellent objective and persuasive skills, both verbally and in writing
- Are flexible and adaptive
- Heavy engagement with members to ensure they are fully satisfied with their membership through multiple channels
- Continually learning and adapting scope and tone of responses to be aligned with the overall team approach
- Reliably respond to all emails within the expected turnaround time with exceptional service
- Collaborate on internal programmatic and strategy documents
- Build relationships and gather insights from How2Recycle member companies
- Collect, curate, and refine information to share with How2Recycle team or members
- Generate and edit content for public-facing materials such as blog posts and social media
- Possibility to travel to 2-5 conferences or industry events each year for public speaking and network building
- Schedule, prepare, and conduct presentations for current and prospective How2Recycle members or other stakeholders
- Cross-functional partnership with the Platform and R&D teams
- Aggregate and share stakeholder feedback to project and operations teams
- Develop recommendations for potential projects and process improvement
- Execute and implement new projects and processes within the How2Recycle program
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of comparable experience
- Fundamental understanding of the recycling system, packaging supply chain, or material science
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative suite, SalesForce, Google Workspace, and project management tools (i.e. Trello)
- Background in packaging, customer service, or communication (or a combination)
- Experience communicating complex or technical topics to varied audiences
- Fluency in French is desired, but not required
In addition to working with an amazing group of people, you’ll receive:
- Competitive salary
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Monthly wellness benefit
- Competitive PTO
- Paid holidays
GreenBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We strongly encourage all qualified persons to apply for this position. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and the organization’s need. A 100% match is not required. We encourage applicants who have a diverse level and range of relevant skills and experiences to apply.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com and include How2Recycle – Member Services in the subject line.