Spring has sprung in GreenBlue’s hometown of Charlottesville, Virginia (also the home of Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello) and with the warmer weather comes a lot of exciting events for our staff members.
What We’re Hosting
- April 11-13th – SustPack 2016. Co-hosted with Smithers Pira, SustPack will bring together over 400 delegates to tackle the most pressing sustainable packaging issues happening right now.
- April 26th- Public Webinar: Outcomes of the 2016 Woodland Owner & Brand Owner Summit. Join GreenBlue and the American Forest Foundation for a roundup of the most important themes discussed at our recent forest summit. Hosted by Senior Manager of Forest Products, Tom Pollock.
- April 29th- Public Webinar: Introduction to EPAT 3.0. Learn more about our newly launched Environmental Paper Assessment Tool. Senior Manager of Forest Products Tom Pollock will be presenting.
Where We’ll Be
- Sundays in April through December- Charlottesville City Market. GreenBlue will be running the city’s composting program for the second year in a row. GreenBlue staff members Anne Bedarf, Tesia Moore, and Charlotte Dreizen will be helping run our recycling and composting efforts.
- April 6th- GreenBlue Sustainable Materials Director James Ewell will be presenting with iPoint during the webinar “What Does the Move to High Product Transparency Mean to Your Company?”
- April 15th – GreenBlue and SPC Director Nina Goodrich will be speaking at the Tom Tom Founders Festival in Charlottesville, Va during the Environmental Entrepreneurs lunch.
- April 20th – GreenBlue Senior Manager Anne Bedarf will be speaking at Dow’s Earth Day event as well as touring their plant in Freeport, Texas.
- April 25-27 – GreenBlue and SPC Director Nina Goodrich will be speaking at ReFocus, the Recycling Summit & Expo in Orlando, Florida.
- April 20th- The University of Virginia Earth Week Expo. Communications Coordinator Anne Elsea will be speaking with students about how they can become more sustainable.
- April 27th- Project Manager Kelly Cramer will be attending Flexapalooza, a specialized training session in South Carolina.